Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Summons.

For the second time in my life, I received a Summons for Jury Service. The first time was when I was in college and was excused. This time I was thinking, oh my, am I really going to have to do this. And of course it is not local. That would be to easy. I am to report Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 8:30 am in Columbia at the United States Courthouse. I am all about doing your duty as a citizen but, um, just not now please! Before I started making plans in my head, I thought I should read through the paperwork and see what all had to be done and fill out the novel of a questionnaire. What did I find on the Jury postponement request form...."I have active care and custody of children under ten years of age." Yes, Anderson, age 8 months! Read down a bit farther and it says "Requests are not automatically granted." Well, I guess I will be calling the
1-800 number to check my status!

post signature

No comments: