Friday, April 24, 2009

Life as an 8 Month Old!

Anderson is quite the busy body these days and there are many pictures to prove it! Brad and I feel that all of these new things have happened overnight! There are MANY firsts to report....
He has been sitting in a high chair for several weeks and now he can finger feed himself cheerios and all sorts of yummy things!





He can now sit in the restaurant high chairs and the shopping cart seats--this picture makes it look like he is terrified! I think he was in awe about the seeing the world from a new view. Thanks to his buddy Harper (and his momma Amanda!), who let him borrow his high chair cover at the Wild Wings a couple of weeks ago b/c I did not have Anderson's since we had never even used it yet :)


He can sit up and play with his toys while keeping his balance!



He is doing the famous "combat crawl" to get around. But he does get up on all 4's and rock and will get some reciprocal arm/leg movements before landing face first or on his belly. At that point it is back to what he knows will get from from point A to point B quickly--the combat crawl!



Trying to get to me holding the camera--for now, I am still quicker!




Last Sunday (4/19/09) I put him in his crib for bedtime and about 10 minutes later I was in the linen closet in the hallway outside of his room getting something for my momma and heard him making some noises/sounds I did not recognize. I decided to take a peek and look what he was doing....


He pulled up to kneeling! At that moment, we went ahead and lowered the crib down! Anderson was happy to stay up later and play w/ BeeGee and Big Daddy who were still here from bringing him back home after the Heritage weekend.

Now he has found even more to explore since he started pulling up to kneeling!



It sure doesn't stop there. This morning I walked into this!!!!




THE BOY IS PULLING UP TO STANDING!!! I was shocked. I mean, I knew it was going to be the next step--but not 5 days after learning how to pull up to kneeling. He was just laughing and so proud of himself! Now that he was learned this move, it is all he does when he is put in his crib. The problem--- he does not know how to get down. I cringe when I hear THUD, and know that he has fallen from standing. I am going to have to start working on getting him to bend his knees and ease on down so that he does not end up with a concussion!

Later taking a snooze and using the crib bumper as a pillow??!!!



post signature

3 comments:

Jo Leigh said...

Way to go, Anderson! I loved this post, & it made me chuckle because it was like reading what our last few months have been like! It is amazing how fast they change & learn new things! Have fun...soon we'll both have a hard time keeping up with our boys I think!

Courtney said...

So cute! When you get a moment, upload more pics of the nursery...inquiring minds need ideas. I love the seersucker--is it green/blue striped?

MatersandMelons said...

He is so cute and so BIG! I haven't seen him in person in a long time!