Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In My Next 30 Years.

Yesterday, I turned 30. The big 3-0 as my daddy said. He asked how I felt about it and....I must say, it was one of the most fun ages that I have turned. Now, just for Big Phil (dad), who is rarely left without words in reply----I had a good one for him. It is kind of a game and I get a huge kick out of leaving him w/o something to say. My reply to him..."how does it feel to have a 30 year old?" Well, he just laughed that laugh that said I got him! Silly, I know. But one of those simple pleasures! He did ask if he could eat my birthday cake (ice cream cake at that) that my sweet momma bought for us to have on Easter Sunday for a miniature celebration--and if you read the previous posting, my Papa passed away Sunday so we did not have cake. Sure, go ahead...you are really doing me a favor b/c evidently my metabolism is going to start slowing down now?? Who volunteered for that study is what I want to know.


As I mentioned, I thought turning 30 was great! I had one of the best days. Anderson was so sweet in the morning and took a long nap so I could get showered without rushing (a gift in itself)!!! Our trusty babysitter is on spring break and by the time this week is over, she will have been here just about everyday. She came over at noon and I spent the afternoon doing anything I wanted and topping it off with a pedicure. Love that. Brad and I enjoyed a dinner out complete with chocolate fondue and a cappuccino martini! I received such nice gifts from the major categories....clothes, shoes, money, jewelry, and birthday cards! I LOVE birthday cards :)--perhaps one of my fav parts of a birthday! So much generosity that I truly appreciate!



So many of you that I have talked to have wanted to know what Brad brought home for this birthday...well, he is quite possibly the best gift giver ever. This year....something for the right hand to remember 30!




I also found myself wandering in thought about what my life has been until now. I have enjoyed a great life and have nothing to complain about at all! I have the world's best husband-- who treats me better than I deserve, a healthy baby boy who is my world, a fantastic church, close family, and quality friends that I am lucky to have (oh, and there is always room for more!). With that said, I feel that I have not always been the best person. I have hurt my share of feelings, said hurtful things, participated in senseless acts, and generally have been mean at times often without even knowing it. I just pray that in my next 30 years I do not lose sight of what I learned in my first 30 and generally continue to grow into a person that I can be proud of!


post signature

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Well two things...if you got to "not rush" to get ready then i guess it took the usual 2 hours instead of one - JUST KIDDING and secondly, I was present for 25 of your first 30 years and they were pretty damn good! you should have no regrets because there is not a truer friend on the planet than you are Jennifer. Love you!

Kelly said...

Well, Happy 30th! Your ring is gorgeous and will be a wonderful reminder of all that you have experienced and accomplished in 30 years! Everything has made you who you are and from what I can see - you're happy, smart, beautiful, and loved by so many.