Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What goes up, must come down!

The simple law of gravity that Anderson and I practiced all day yesterday! Poor little guy learned how to pull up to standing, but could not get back down--which did cause some real crocodile tears! All weekend he did not nap well and would play for at least an hour at bedtime practicing his new skill and subsequently getting all upset and worked up. And all weekend, Brad and I went up to his room and would help him get down only to have him right back up (I know all of you seasoned parents are chuckling a bit). My good friend from Beaufort, Katy was here Saturday evening (another post about that and what we did coming soon!!) and she even had to get in on the action. We both certainly got our workout using our "stairmaster" since the nursery is upstairs. After he finally went to sleep on Sunday night, I decided that Monday I was going to teach him to bend his knees and use the crib slats or whatever was available to ease himself back down--and that is what we did! All day, when he would pull up I would help him bend his knees and get down. I was not more than a reach away the entire day! But we got results, and last night after the bedtime tutoring session I walked out of the room and watched him on the monitor bend his knees to ease himself down! Success! Here he is this morning in his pack-n-play---I am so glad that he loves to play in it. I think he loves the soft boundaries and he can roll around/fall over onto the mattress and all is good!

Wondering if the camera is a body part since it is attached to me constantly!


There he goes bending his knees and walking his hands down the side!

post signature

1 comment:

Kelly said...

YAY for Anderson! Aren't you so proud - for both of you? Anderson for learning this new skill and you for being patient to teach him! Good for you both! Can't wait to hear all about the next new thing.