Monday, April 13, 2009

Unforgettable Easter.

To say that Easter did not go quite like I had imagined is an understatement. Everything was going along as I would think a "normal" Easter Sunday would go......

Anderson explored his Easter basket and enjoyed all the goodies the Easter Bunny dropped off on his visit to our house!



He played with all of his presents until he was exhausted! He also was sent a Pockets of Learning toy from from Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Daniel, some money from Nona and Grandaddy(Brad's parents), and some cutie clothes from BeeGee an Big Daddy (my parents). The Easter Bunny also left Anderson some new wheels for shopping outings w/ mommy---will post later!











We dressed him in his Easter outfit--he had the most adorable seersucker shoes too!!






Then it was off to church where we enjoyed a powerful Easter message, and then headed back home to get changed, feed Anderson, and pack up the car for an afternoon down in Beaufort.



We did, in fact, pack the car but we drove to Ravenel instead as we got a call with the news that my grandfather had passed away at 10:00am.

Unfortunately, my sweet grandfather had been ill for quite a while. He suffered a series of strokes that progressively wore him down and he has required total care for the past several years---provided by my strong and unwavering Meme along with some support services from hospice. Although his passing was expected (at some point), you can never quite prepare yourself for the fact that his life here on earth is over and he has been called home.

My Papa Love was a great man, very generous, and a faithful Christian. He always put others ahead of himself, served in the National Guard, and was a successful businessman. He (along with my Meme) owned several service stations in the Charleston area and many who are in this area most likely stopped at the Exxon on the corner of Calhoun Street and Rutledge Avenue in downtown Charleston before they retired about 10 years ago. He was always giving back, never asking or wanting anything in return, and was even nominated and received the Charleston News Station Channel 4 News "Hometown Hero" award for his commitment and service to the community. There is peace in knowing that he is in a much better place than here and that he is with his maker in heaven where there is no illness, pain, or suffering. It was very fitting for him to have passed on Easter Sunday....he will be terribly missed and he would want everyone to remember one thing....He is Risen Indeed!

post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather, but I know that your faith and strength will not only get you through this...but help others in your family that will need you during this time.

We are thinking about you. Love, Jennifer

Katy said...

We love y'all and will keep you in our prayers. Anderon is so cute too! I hope that is not inappropriate to say, but I think that Papa Love would agree;)
Katy

MatersandMelons said...

Oh, Jennifer, I am so sorry! It is always hard to lose a grandparent, even if you know that it is coming! When is the funeral?

Jo Leigh said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, but I'm glad that you were able to get there to be with your family. I will definitely keep you and your whole family in my thoughts & prayers.