Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Slight Change of Plans!

This time last week, I was thinking that I would have lots of fun pictures to post about our trip to Sullivan's Island. Well.......we did have a change of plans and instead of heading up Hwy 17, I (along w/ the mini and sister Paige) was heading up I95 and I26 to our state's capital. I had planned on making this trip maybe closer to the end of the month, but there is no time like the present!

We had lunch w/ my friend Lindsay who is going to have baby girl Caroline late August or early September. I could not attend her baby shower last month so I wanted to deliver her gift personally to her! Her and her husband, Stephen, came down in March to visit (click here to refresh your memory). I brought my camera inside the restaurant w/ the intention to take a picture and I never did :(

After lunch we ran a few errands in the area. Paige wanted to check on her apartment and I wanted to stop at this children's store that Lindsay had talked about. I was looking for an outfit for Anderson to wear for some pictures. I had an outfit that he was going to wear last month for them and the shoot was cancelled (photog was sick) and now he has outgrown the outfit!!! Of course, I can't find the exact same outfit in a larger size, that would be way too easy. No luck on a new fit, but I did get him a birthday bib! It will go w/ his smocked birthday jon-jon! No, I did not smock it b/c it would have never been done in time! I am, however, nearly finished with the dinosaur project that I will post very soon.

Then it was off to visit baby William Heyward! My good friend Kasey from OT school had her first baby at the end of June and I was dying to get my hands on him!


Anderson was that tiny???

Me, Kasey and our boys!

I am hopeful that we might be able to re-schedule our trip to Sullivan's Island for next month maybe. One of my pals in Charleston invited us to come and stay at her parent's beach house for a few days. I jumped at the chance and I had been looking forward to it for about a month. I called to firm up plans and was hit with some heartbreaking news-- --please be in prayer for my friend who is coping with the physical and emotional effects of a failed pregnancy.

post signature

No comments: