Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Balancing Act!

I finally got Anderson a push behind toy. This is something I had been avoiding b/c I am really not a big fan and feel that they are more of a safety hazard than a help. He has been pushing around anything he can including, but not limited to, cardboard boxes, laundry baskets, my small kitchen stool, and his toy basket. So, I broke down for the sake of the hardwood floors! I studied them on the internet for days before finally deciding on the Melissa and Doug Chomp and Clack Alligator push toy. It is sturdy, has some resistance pushing forward and backwards, and has a non-skid strip on the wheels---it is my hope that these features will help with the concerns I had of the toy slipping away from him and the toy falling both backwards & sideways b/c he is still working on his balance---and so far it has. If push toys scare you, I recommend this one! Once he figured it out, it did not take him long at all to get a move on!







He is really cruising the furniture fast now and lets go very frequently and will just stand there several seconds before grabbing for something sturdy! No attempts at any independent steps yet....but I know it won't be long :)

post signature

1 comment:

MatersandMelons said...

He is growing up way too fast!