Thursday, July 30, 2009

Latest Fashion Trend....

THE POST-OP SHOE!!!

Many of you have been subject to my complaining about my foot hurting the past 3 weeks after a unfortunate crush injury to the top of my foot! I went to the orthopaedic surgeon today and it seems that my 3rd metatarsal on my left foot is fractured. The course of treatment is this lovely post-op shoe that I have to wear for the next 3 weeks. It will force me to walk flat footed and will put the metatarsal in a better healing position. Good news is that this type of injury takes 6-8 weeks to heal and I already have 3 behind me!!! As hideous as it is, it really has helped to relieve the pressure and has helped with the pain!! I can go about my normal day w/o many restrictions which is great, and the good doctor even gave me a spare shoe to wear in the water for our weekly pool play dates, trips to the beach, and boat rides!


My favorite part the daily restrictions is in the comments section above and reads "will need help with cleaning, cooking, and childcare." Sorry honey.....doctor's orders......be a dear and get me a glass of water.

post signature

1 comment:

Amy Jones said...

Where can I get one of those notes?