Saturday, May 30, 2009

TA-DA!!!

I completed my first smocking project! I am still in disbelief that I actually did this!! Katy, one of my BFF's from growing up, has been my very patient teacher and mentor on this project. She has recently been starting to work on her amazing sewing skills so I am thinking if I play my cards right, I might be able to convince her to teach me to sew one of these days (wink, wink!!). It has been so fun and I am excited that I have a new hobby!! There is only 1 obvious goof (that I can see)---so if you can't tell, then I won't!!




Here is my next project: An adorable lime green microcheck overall bubble that is going to have a little dinosaur smocked on it! I have found a wonderful lady who will make custom ready to smock items any color/pattern/fabric/size that you want. If anyone is interested, I will pass along her info!


post signature

2 comments:

Katy said...

This looks great!! It took me months to get my stitches this straight. Good luck on Sunday morning;)

Jodie said...

I am soooooo proud of you Capt Crafty! I know my limits and you have gone way beyond them...