Monday, May 25, 2009

Rain on My Parade!

I spent all weekend at our big glass doors pouting and just hoping that the rain would STOP! My friend Christie and I had plans (Jodie was supposed to join us but she could not come back again since she had just been down a couple of weeks ago) to go out to her in-laws beach house for the long weekend for months now. It just rained, rained, rained. The sun did come out on Sunday about 11:00 for a brief 45 minutes and I thought this is it!! As quickly as it came out, it was overcast and drizzling again. I was just certain that I was going to catch a break that I actually kept my car packed just in case. Not so much. There is not much to entertain the kiddies out there so it was a no go and we were forced to take a rain check. I was so disappointed it did not work out for the weekend. Christie did bring the kids over and we went to Wild Wings and attempted to go to the indoor inflatables place--but so did everyone else. We had to settle on the playplace at the mall...Anderson went home w/ his daddy and napped instead!

Today it ended up being a nice day, but TWC kept calling for afternoon thunderstorms and 60% chance of rain and after the weekend, I believed them. When it was still bright and sunny at 2:30 we decided that we were going to go out in the boat and take our chances! This was going to be Anderson's first *official* boat ride! He smiled ear to ear today! Brad and I were so excited b/c we both love going in the boat and hope to spend a good bit of time on it this summer. He was not wild about his life jacket, but thankfully he got over it!



Anderson and Brad


Poor little buddy stuffed in his life jacket!


Enjoying the scenery!

post signature

2 comments:

MatersandMelons said...

Cute pictures! I haven't been in the boat yet this summer, and I am so ready to have a little ride! I am hoping Gibson will be more tolerant of his life jacket this year -- he did not enjoy it very much last year!

Katy said...

He is so cute sitting up in the seat like he owns the boat:) It won't be long before he is driving y'all around...