Monday, January 12, 2009

She Did!

Well, I did it, I survived, and plan to do it again. I went to work my 2 days last week--Wednesday and Thursday! It was now or never. The start of school after Christmas break seemed like the perfect transition time to go ahead and take the plunge. Things could have not gone more smoothly. Paige came and watched Anderson the 2 days as our nanny (known as Judy from this point forward as she does have a name) had a few things she needed to take care of. Paige was more than happy to come stay with us and spend some time with her nephew! Luckily, I have worked for this school district before so there is no training involved. I know the paperwork, the computer programs, and school-based scope of practice. I was able to get my supplies together, set my office up, get my laptop, and meet the school staff at my base school. The days went by so fast and by the time I realized it, it was time to go home! I was sad to walk out the door on Wednesday, but I was able to leave seeing him playing and happily entertained by Paige. I just smiled Thursday on my way home because I knew the next 5 days I was going to be able to stay with Anderson :) After all day today, it is much easier to be at work but I would not give my time with Anderson for anything! Right now, I am feeling pretty confident about my decision. This week I will start seeing some kiddos for therapy and I know it will just reinforce that I have made the best choice!

post signature

3 comments:

Lillian Thomas said...

How awesome, Jennifer! It really does sound like such a great situation. I am so happy it is working out for you!!! Hope you are having a great week!

MatersandMelons said...

I am happy for you, Jennifer! Getting out the door on the first day is really the hardest part!

Jodie said...

Congrats, my friend - I am super proud of you and Anderson is lucky to have such a wonderful Mama!