Friday, January 23, 2009

All about Anderson!

Anderson just has so many things to share, I don't even know where to start! I have been meaning to do this post all week, but time kept getting away from me and as I sit here while sweet baby takes a nap I think about all the things I really need to do, but that is the age old dilemma I think. I would like to brag on my husband for a second----we now have a wonderful lady who comes and cleans our house every other week! Exciting!! Brad did not want me to have to spend my days off and evenings cleaning the house and wanted me to be able to go and do things (like playgroup and yoga) and spend time with Anderson without worrying about the house constantly. It has been GREAT and I am so thankful for the extra time I have---like to do my blogging!!! This post is a bit lengthy.....


So about Anderson! He has been rolling over like a champ and can go from his back to belly and belly to back pretty quick. He started out bringing his arm over his head and sort of flinging himself, in a way, over. His arm would get caught under his chest and would sometimes take a while to get it out. Oh, not anymore. He is stronger and just flips in one fluid movement.









Now when he gets on his belly his newest trick is to try and grab toys to eat and he is beginning to pull his knees under his belly and propel himself forward (I might have been tutoring him on that!) He has started to "talk" a lot and I really am starting to think that he likes to hear himself. He jabbers all the time, and it seems that if he thinks you are not listening he just gets louder and louder. He has really started to laugh quite a bit and I have a hilarious video of him laughing up a storm around Christmas time. I was so tickled tears were streaming down my face!


He eats solid foods 3 times a day now and has had rice cereal, oatmeal, barley, sweet peas, and green beans. Thankfully, he has put on some weight and is now up to a stunning 13 lb, 7 oz as of this past Monday. This is up from 11 lb, 12 oz that he weighed on New Year's Eve I can't say that he loves the vegetables, but he doesn't dislike them enough to spit them out. He has graduated and now takes the food from the spoon with his tongue instead of sucking it off the spoon! This is going to impress some of you, but I actually made his baby food. Yes, you read it correct! I made his peas and green beans! I was so easy and must admit that I was right proud of myself :)








The Baby Einstein stationary entertainer has become a favorite. Since he is really reaching and grabbing things now, he can interact with the toys that are all around! He does not have enough trunk control to sit up for extended periods, but he sure does enjoy it until he gets tired out.



Before the cold snap, we went for a stroll and instead of being in his infant carrier, he rode facing forward all strapped in! He really loved that and I think enjoys looking ahead instead of at my face all the time! He was in a good mood, but it was a little gloomy out so thus the glum expression.


That about sums it up! His daddy and I are so proud of him and he sure is the love of my life!



post signature

2 comments:

Jo Leigh said...

Look at him go! He is just growing up so fast! This age is so much fun because it seems like they change or start something new all the time!
Kudos to Brad for getting you some help with the house! That's awesome!

Jodie said...

I can't believe Murphy and Anderson are only 7 oz. apart! That is funny. He is soooo cute - can't wait to see him soon.