Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chore Boy.

Who knew that blogging could make you feel so good? I received such sweet comments about my smocking project and they all just made me smile...I know some of the BEST blog commenter's ever! How does it all get done?.....chore boy!!...(PS: these are blackberry shots)...


Why walk behind the push toy when you have a vacuum?

Always willing to help with the dishes!
Just a little light dusting to be done...


Yes, those are my flip flops he put in the dryer!


In all seriousness, I do not have it all together as the previous blog post might have made it out to be. What I did not tell you was that that dinosaur project took 2 months and I had A LOT of coaching from Katy! On a daily basis, I too feel like I cannot keep up with everything that needs to be done and truth be told it just doesn't! Brad is great about helping out, even though I do not tell him enough, and I do have help every other week with house cleaning. When I went back to work 2 days a week we decided to do that so that neither one of us had to spend our weekends cleaning all the time. Maintenance alone between cleanings just about does me in. School started back a few weeks ago and it is plucking on my last nerve. I have 2 excellent elementary schools that are connected by a breezeway with an office/treatment room. That means I do not have to travel and carry my supplies from school to school--both scenarios have positives and negatives. I have had technology issue after technology issue and cannot, for the life of me, get into a program I need desperately to do my documentation and write new OT goals for upcoming IEP's. I love technology and just recently I was talking on my home phone, uploading pictures to blogger, and checking my email on my blackberry all at once! And I frequently line up our babysitter via text! When things go sour with it, forget it, I am lost big time. My caseload is absolutely out of control with too many children to see and not enough time to get done what needs to be done in a day. The kids are great, albeit some are challenging, but that comes with the job. When I left last Thursday afternoon, I thought seriously that maybe I just need to put in my notice and be done with it--it is not worth the hassle when I could be at home in my pj's with Anderson playing peek-a-boo and cracking him up. On the short 3 minute ride home I remembered why I love being an OT and could not possibly just give up that easily---however tempting at the time! I might as well mention that I also have not had a haircut since my sister got married in May and my toes look like they got caught up in a piece of heavy machinery! Sorry to disappoint...I have no secrets to share, and I assure you I struggle too....you just don't see it on the blog!

post signature


No comments: