Thursday, August 13, 2009

T-Minus 2 days and Counting....

Anderson is going to be 1 on Saturday! On one hand I feel that in some ways this has been the longest year ever, but on the other hand I feel that I blinked and it was gone. This week has been particularly fast! I went back to school (students start Monday the 17th) and I am trying to adjust to the new back to school schedule and being at work my two days a week. It has thrown me for a loop. Perhaps some of my problem at this point might or might not have been the girls night out last night that kept me out way later than I needed to the night before I had to be dressed and out the door the next morning---worth it, but I think some bad influence might have encouraged me to go to on past when I should have (umm, I won't mention any names!)! It will take a few weeks for me to get used to this and on track! All this week I have thought about how on Saturday Anderson will be 1 and about the "lasts" I have done for him---I made his last batch of babyfood about 2 weeks ago, bought his last can of formula, and bought his last box of bottle liners! His baby tendencies are really fading away and he is acting more like a little boy. He doesn't want to drink from a bottle (I could not be happier...but sad too), he would rather finger feed than be fed from the spoon, he squirms in my arms to get down when I am holding him, and has started to play more appropriately with his toys. A few examples.....he likes to put his bath toys on the ledge of the tub, he will reposition the push toy to get it moving again, and he will put smaller objects in others. His balance is great when standing and more and more he is standing near something while using both hands to play with a toy. I am just waiting for him to get the courage to take those steps! I know these birthdays come every single year without fail, but he will always be my baby!














post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is getting more and more cute everyday Jennifer! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDERSON!! I hope you get lots of birthday cake.

Kelly said...

He really is changing into a little boy right before your eyes! He is such a cutie! Wishing him a happy 1st birthday...it's such a special day.

Enjoy every minute with him...try not to focus too much on "the lasts" but all "the firsts and new" things.

MatersandMelons said...

I can't believe it has already been a year! Time surely does fly!