Saturday, August 22, 2009

Forever Young.

I took Anderson for his 1 year old well visit on Thursday afternoon! All is well and it was noted in his chart that he is quote a "healthy boy!"!! He weighed in at 20lbs 2oz (10-25%), height 29" (25%), and head circumference 18 1/2" (50-75%). I really thought that his height % was going to be higher b/c I feel that I have noticed more that he is taller. My friend Katy stopped by when she was running errands on this side of the county earlier today and she even said that is what stuck out for her from the last time she saw Anderson. Nonetheless, he is perfect to me! He is very busy these days and crawls at lightening fast speed. He still has not taken that first step yet but his static standing balance is great, he bends his knees to crouch instead of plopping, he can bend and twist while standing, and his balance when walking behind the chomp and clack push toy is great too. When he finally gets up the courage to put one foot in front of the other there will not be much of a learning curve I am afraid :) His toys are more and more entertaining to him and he will play with them for longer periods of time. He likes to push buttons, will push a ball back and forth with me, gives high-fives, and pushes toys with wheels across the floor the correct way! He is not drinking from the bottle at all and now drinks milk and all his water/juice from his sippy cup. The boy loves to eat and has had all sorts of new things the past week. He is also enjoying car rides in a whole new way...


I had intended on keeping him rear facing as long as possible, and it turns out that a year was all I was going to get. He was running out of space so we made the switch. He really likes to ride and when I look in the rear view mirror he is just looking out the window most of the time.

My favorite part is that his little personality is really starting to show through. He does have his moments, but most of the time you will catch him smiling :) It is so much fun to play with him and introduce him to new things. He is learning so much so quick I have taken some recent advice (Kelly, you leave some of the best comments!) and have tried to focus more on the firsts. After all, he won't be young forever!



I also made a trip to the MD this week and I am happy to report that my foot is completely healed and the orthopaedic surgeon said I do not have to wear the post-op shoe anymore! That was music to my ears. That thing was seriously starting to irritate me! Only restrictions now are no running (um, not a problem b/c it is doubtful you would catch me doing that anyway!) and no high impact sports like tennis for a month. He did mention, with a smile, that I should still need help w/ cooking, cleaning, and childcare. I would settle for a pedicure :)

post signature

1 comment:

Katy said...

He does look so grown up in these pictures... not a baby anymore:) Glad to hear the foot is better, too... I pulled out Cooper's music table after our visit with y'all and he has been loving it, thanks for the reminder.