Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Do the Cake and Ice Cream!

Anderson got a birthday card with music that summed it all up for me..."smoosh the cake, eat the cake, and get it in your hair! Get it on the the birthday outfit momma made you wear!" The song goes on about make sure you grab more and this is what birthdays are for, but it was pretty spot on for the day. I dressed him in his smocked birthday jon-jon which, of course, had to be washed in the afternoon b/c he had a huge blow-out that got everywhere and required changing his clothes and the his crib linens too! I seriously thought that something like that just had to happen so I was already half expecting it! I had fun decorating his chair, found a great birthday hat, and pulled out the special birthday bib for the big day. My friend Jennifer, that I work with, made him an adorable smash cake (last minute I must add). Luckily, she was already making cakes for another friend of mine so she was able to whip something up from the extra stuff she had! And I must add, I gave her no direction at all and only told her to make it boyish...she did a fantastic job! We had a small family party on Saturday afternoon with hamburgers and then it was cake and ice cream time--my personal favorite part! All I wanted for him was for him to destroy the cake and get messy which he did :) Just a warning that there are quite a few pictures...

In the chair that Brad sat in at his grandparent's house as a child


The birthday chair!

The smash cake!


The cake from Signe's for the rest of us, although we snacked on the smash cake too!



The bib!


The hat!


Opening his presents!


He finally got the hang of it!

Almost birthday cake time!


He did eat quite a bit of the cake!


My messy 1 year old!

post signature

2 comments:

MatersandMelons said...

He's a cute little mess!

Kelly said...

Awwahhh!!! Can you BELIEVE your baby is ONE!?!?! Happy Birthday Anderson! Looks like y'all had a wonderful birthday weekend!

Hold on to everyday, it's amazing how much he's going to learn and grow right before your eyes.

Jennifer, he's absolutely adorable!