Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wedding Gown---Take 2

The replacement wedding gown came in--ahead of schedule! All measurements were correct to the size ordered and what was stated on the gown. The shop owner said she measured it 10 times before she actually believed it was correct. I am so glad that the dressmaker got it right this time. I think my momma (and perhaps my sister) would have had a nervous breakdown if anything was wrong! And as an added bonus, the bridesmaids dresses also came in! Only one minor issue-- 2 of the dresses were supposed to be made with extra length. Did not happen. Luckily, the shop owner measured the length and noticed the error and ordered extra fabric to fix the problem before it was presented to my momma or sister. Good thinking. The seamstress who is doing the alterations on Paige's gown is going to fix the bridesmaid dresses--problem solved. They were handed over to her yesterday and expected to be done by the end of the month, along with Paige's wedding gown which fit PERFECTLY and only requires the hem being taken up! My dress also fit great with no alterations needed! Here it is:



I need to find some strappy silver shoes with a taller heel! Thankfully, I do have a pair that I can wear if I can't find what I am looking for but if anyone has any ideas do let me know!

post signature

No comments: