Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Filling Empty Spaces.

This is a classic case of home improvement according to him and according to her. Since we moved in June and bought a brand new home, there is an empty space meant for a wine chiller in our kitchen. It has been a goal to get the appliance that fits the space. With Anderson being born in August and all sorts of other things that go along with moving, it has been put by the wayside and being used mainly for a handy place to stash things like my purse, a step stool, etc. The subject came up recently on doing some home improvements and the wine chiller was the obvious choice--right, according to me that is. On the other hand, Brad had an accessory for our patio area off the porch on his mind. Not my first choice at all. A dilemma? Not as far as I am concerned! We decided on definitely getting the wine chiller and it was ordered in Mid-February as sort of a Valentine's Day memento. It finally came in and delivery was scheduled for Saturday. Now, taking into consideration Christie's blog post about praises, I changed my mind about this post being "What A Waste" to what it is now. To make a long story short, I was at home all day Saturday waiting for the appliance and what happened? Well, it was damaged and we have no wine chiller and quite a headache trying to get a replacement. But, I did get to spend another quality day with my baby and for that I am glad! Sweet baby and I will just have a set another day waiting for this....







Wouldn't you know that Brad volunteered at his Rotary Club's Annual Auction and what did he end up with? The Iron Pig Grill made by Iron Art by Kevin on HHI. It is a fire pit with a large grill grate that is to fill that patio space from time to time. It seriously weighs a ton and our friend David had to come a help Brad get it out of the truck. How we are going to get it back and forth from the garage to the patio to use it is beyond me!!!


post signature

No comments: