Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Charlotte comes to HHI!

I am serious when I tell you that this is perhaps the only time I have been glad that we do not have any neighbors because there is no doubt in my mind that we would have had a visit from the law. There was so much laughing going on that we were certain to have gotten a noise violation! It was such a treat to have our fun friends Jennifer & Patrick and Beth, Nate and baby Eva come to stay with us over the weekend. Eva is almost 1 month to the day older than Anderson and they were so cute playing beside each other--Anderson would smile away at her! We spent a lot of time outside enjoying our outdoor grilling/entertainment area. We have not really taken advantage of that since we moved in, so it was nice to get some use out of it. Friday night we had Frogmore Stew prepared by Brad, of course, using the outdoor cooker. The Charlotte folk always need some Lowcountry cuisine when they come to visit, so we try and oblige!

Brad's Frogmore Stew!


Saturday morning Brad, Patrick, and Nate went to play some golf while the ladies and the babies lounged around in our PJ's b/c we were up talking until 3:30am. Crazy, I know. The time just flew by and I didn't even notice! Now, one thing is for sure, I did notice the next morning when I had to get up with Anderson!!

Anderson snuggling with Jennifer Saturday morning.

Anderson and Eva

What a sweet pair!

Anderson and Patrick (Anderson was fascinated by his hat!)

Saturday night, our trusty babysitter Alex came and we were off to this restaurant called Pepper's Porch out in Bluffton. Brad and I have noticed this restaurant on our way home from Savannah several times and have always wanted to go--it was well worth it! After dinner we went to this tapas/wine bar called Wiseguys back on HHI. Again, a place I have been wanting to go but we just usually do not plan far enough in advance. They had some fantastic desserts..including this dark chocolate fondue with pound cake, bananas, marshmallows, and strawberries for dipping---enough said. Enjoyed the martini's too!

Jennifer, Me, and Beth


Brad, Patrick, and Nate

Brad and his mug made of chocolate that his dessert was served in!
It goes without saying that I was so sad to see everyone leave on Sunday, but I am looking forward to getting together again soon!

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome write-up! I loved it...we had such a great time. Thanks for everything! Love you, Jenn