Sunday, February 1, 2009

All Work and Some Play!

Anderson and I enjoyed our stay in Charleston and are are so grateful that my meme took such good care of him while I went to my continuing education class! There is no debating that he was spoiled to death :) I felt like the trip was over in a flash. We left HHI about 7pm Thursday night and arrived at meme and papa's house about 9pm. It was easier to leave after Anderson was bathed, fed, and in his pj's ready for bed. I think he was asleep before we got out of the neighborhood! Friday morning it was off to downtown Charleston for day one of the conference. I think almost every school-based OT was there and it was great to see some of the therapists I worked with in Charleston County Schools and others I knew from other districts and also other practice areas. Unfortunately, I would rather socialize than pay attention--but I refrained for the most part. The material was a bit dry, but it was helpful and worth the time (and money) to go. The class was from 8:30 to 4:30 and really made me remember how glad I was to not have to sit in class anymore! I have recently toyed with the idea of going the additional 2 semesters that I would need to get my PhD if MUSC ever offers the extension of the program, but if requires sitting in class I believe I will pass on that. Friday night after I put Anderson to bed, I headed back downtown to meet up with some of my girlfriends from Mt. Pleasant! We went to a bar/restaurant called Pearlz on East Bay Street---it was evidently a very happening place b/c there were a ton of people there. A few cocktails were consumed and extremely interesting conversations were had--let's just say I learned quite a few things! I tell you what, getting up the next morning for class from 8:30 to 4:30 again was quite the challenge. I was exhausted! I just can't hack it anymore! I hope I come back alive from my sister's bachelorette cruise next month!

Charlotte, Mary Catherine, Me, and Ginny

We got home about 9pm Saturday night and I was like a zombie! I did not want to unpack a thing. Lucky for me, Brad unloaded the car like the sweet husband he is! I tried to recover some sleep today--after church I napped while Anderson did.

My happy boy! This was taken a few weeks ago while at my parents house. He is sitting on Paige's lap. I did not take a single picture at meme's house. I never thought to bring the camera out of my purse. But I know all of you faithful blog readers don't really want to see pictures of me, so I included this one of him :)


post signature





3 comments:

MatersandMelons said...

I didn't know that you know Charlotte! She is married to one of Brad's fraternity brothers! Small world...

Jodie said...

I do too want to see pictures of you!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a great time in Charleston...the good ole days... :)