Friday, February 6, 2009

Designer Flaw.

Wedding planning has its bumps along the way--that goes without saying. However, and some of you may disagree, when your gown is the glitch it has to be one of the worst things that could go wrong. My poor sister (Paige), went for her fitting last Saturday in Savannah and she could not even get the dress on at all---it was way too small. The bridal shop was mortified and after some measuring it was determined that the bridal shop ordered the correct size and the gown designer did not make it to the measurements! WHAT! I cannot even begin to think how that happened. Did they not put it on the form to make it? Was the dressmaker drunk? Per reports, my momma had smoke blowing out of her ears--is there enough time to get another, get it altered, and have her portrait done?? Now, she is concerned for good reason as the dress comes from Spain made from the designer Pronovias (fantastic designer if I do say so myself, but since my gown was made by them I might be a bit partial!). Well, to get to the point, the dress is being rushed and sent directly from Spain instead of going through New York. I have no idea why it would go to New York, but I am sure there are good reasons. Nonetheless, it should be here in a few weeks--thankfully!

Momma picked out her MOB dress recently. Thanks to my Aunt Fran Sanders for going with her to Charleston and sealing the deal! Momma tried this dress on shortly after Christmas and kept coming back to it. This is the actual color she is going to wear..... ice blue.



This is a much better picture of the bridesmaid dress than an earlier posting that showed it in black (and we could not get it zipped up!). This is not the color we are going to be wearing--Paige picked out a sage green.



Let's hope that these dresses come made to the correct sizes!!




post signature

3 comments:

Lillian Thomas said...

Oh no!!!! I'm glad they are going to get it fixed and shipped on time!!! And that is a BEAUTIFUL MOB dress. I love it, and the bridesmaids dresses too!!! Tell Paige to hang in there!!!

Katy said...

It is going to be OK! Where did she order the wedding dress from? I love the MOB and bridesmaids dresses, who are they by? Hope y'all are staying well!

Katy said...

Wow, that is so upsetting! I am sure it will get there though:) The MOB and Bridesmaids dresses are great, who are they by? Hope y'all are well!