Sunday, February 15, 2009

What a Whirlwind Weekend!

We were busy, busy this weekend but had a great time! I stayed out too late on Friday night--I actually think that I got home (well, to my parents house!) Saturday early morning--as the date on the camera says so??!! I tell you, I just cannot do it anymore. I know I have said this before! It seems like such a good idea at the time, but then I am exhausted for the next week. Many say this feeling actually never goes away once you have children, but that you just get used to it! We packed up and headed to Beaufort late afternoon on Friday to attend the rehearsal dinner, that was an oyster roast, for an old childhood friend of mine--Don Sanders. It was held at the Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club. That place is really a great venue to have a party of any type, but with the large deck they have out back and huge yard area there is plenty of room for oyster roasting, shucking tables, fire pits, picnic tables, etc.. with room to spare. Brad and I ate our fair share of oysters! How lucky that my pal Jodie who lives in Baltimore came to town after taking Murphy to visit her grandmother in Clemson! That, of course, calls for an after party. So after the party it was off to downtown Beaufort we went...

Me, Christie, and Jodie at WREN

Saturday morning, we had to drive back to HHI to bring Anderson back home for the babysitter, get ready, and be back in Beaufort for the 2pm wedding. Regrettably, I do not have any pictures of the wedding for the blog! It was a nice wedding and Don married such a genuine person, Ashley, who is a Presbyterian minister in the church that I grew up in!
There are other events in this weekend that deserve individual posts including Charlie's promotion ceremony on Saturday evening, Anderson is 6 months old today and I have some fun pictures to post, and a Valentine's Day gift! Check back soon :)

post signature

No comments: