Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Need a Little Christmas!

I have felt like this (and every other year I guess!) December has slipped through my fingers and we have not had as much time to enjoy the season. I am sure I am not alone in this one! Brad has been putting in late hours and not getting home until after 7 and also working some on the weekends--as a result we didn't even get a Christmas tree until about a week ago! The nausea really hit me hard this time and it lingered around until nearly the end of 14 weeks (I am 15 weeks, so it only finally left a few days ago). With that, I have been a bit of a scrooge and had a bah humbug attitude. Mostly to Brad's credit, we did get a few Santa's out, got the tree decorated, managed to put some garland on the mantle, and hung the stockings. The outside garland for our railing, not so much...maybe next year. I haven't even hung the wreaths! Perhaps that will get done today (maybe). Oh, and thank goodness for online shopping and free shipping! Anderson has not been as curious as I though he would about the tree. He will go over to it from time to time and touch it. I thought he would try to pull it, grab the ornaments/lights, etc..but he hasn't. We did only put ornaments on the top 1/2 of the tree, but he hasn't even made an attempt to try and reach any. I know I should count my blessings! The first night we had it, he was feeling it with his hands and then decided to put his face in the limbs. That was fine until it poked him in the eye! Bless his heart y'all, but his reaction and facial expression was priceless. Almost like he was betrayed by the tree. He never did cry, which is good b/c it would have made me feel horrible for holding back laughter!


Sunday we went with Richard, Ansley, and little Jack to see the Dove Street Lights. It is a short street on the south end that every house decorates to the max! It literally took us .5 seconds to walk down the entire street, but it does put you in the Christmas spirit...especially when you get to bundle up and even see Frosty!


Frosty didn't bother him a bit, but we are taking him to see Santa tomorrow and I am hoping for the same cool as a cucumber attitude...we shall see!

He was all snugged up in there!

post signature

No comments: