Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Artist at Work!

Anderson is doing so many new things now that it is hard to keep up! He is enjoying his mother's morning out program and now just runs in the room to play without looking back, which is how I would prefer it! One of his new things is looking at books and "reading" and coloring. He won't sit too still for you to read to him, but when all is quiet and he over playing at his activity table (that is now our coffee table!) you can bet he is sitting beside it and looking at all of his books that are in the storage shelves under the table. It is so stinking cute! Because of this, I really wanted to take him to the lapsit program at our local library (well, it is not on the island and I have to cross a bridge--gasp!--I know that is unheard of for all you locals reading this or even the BLUFF folks who won't cross the bridge from the other side!). There is storytime, singing, and playing with all sorts of props like scarves, shakers, etc...he won't sit in my lap the whole time but I do think he does get something out of it!

Coloring after storytime!

He is really concentrating!



Time to change colors!

The finishing touches!


He likes coloring at home too and we have recently decided it was time to get a proper table and chairs for him b/c he tries to sit on the plastic storage bins that I keep some of his toys in. He will color in his coloring book and then wander over to his easel. He has been pretty good about coloring only on paper--but, from time to time he does try to color a puzzle piece, a toy, the activity table, etc...if I can keep him away from my walls that would be great!

post signature

3 comments:

Kelly said...

He is growing up so much!!! Gracie and I will be in Beaufort toward the end of March - I'd love to see you and have Anderson & Gracie meet!

Glad y'all had fun at SEWE (I lived in Charleston for 5 years and never went...I can't believe that!).

Katy said...

So sweet to see him reading and coloring like the big kids..... Cooper had that same sweater, i just love it!

Jodie said...

i want some pictures of the cute prego girl :) how ya feeling? i miss you!